Last revised on Jan, 05, 2021
Welcome, and thanks for using converge.today. When you use our products and services, you're agreeing to our terms, so please take a few minutes to read over the User Agreement below.
Note: You are entering into a legally binding agreement.
Converge is a content amplification platform, designed to help businesses consistently and effectively promote their content to new and bigger audiences.
Converge has been founded on a love for the North East and its business community. Every aspect has been painstakingly researched, planned and created to help businesses grow. Our network is designed for those that have a passion for what they do, and for those who would rather spend a little time getting their promotion right than spend a lot of money getting it wrong. In short, Converge makes your PR, advertising and networking more accessible, more affordable and more effective.
You agree that by registering, accessing or using our services, you are entering into a legally binding agreement (even if you are using our Services on behalf of a company). Your agreement is with Converge Group Ltd ("Converge" or "we").
Registered users of our Services are "Members" and unregistered users are "Visitors". This Agreement applies to both.
2.1. Service Eligibility
Here are some promises you make to us in this Agreement:
You're eligible to enter into this Agreement and you are at least our "Minimum Age."
To use the Services, you agree that: (1) you must be the "Minimum Age" (defined below) or older; (2) you will only have one Converge account, which must be in your real name; and (3) you are not already restricted by Converge from using the Services.
"Minimum Age" means 13 years old. However, if law requires that you must be older in order for Converge to lawfully provide the Services to you (including the collection, storage and use of your information) then the Minimum Age is such older age. The Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 13.
2.2. Your Membership
You'll keep your password a secret. You will not share an account with anyone else and will follow our rules and the law.
As between you and others, your account belongs to you. You agree to: (1) try to choose a strong and secure password; (2) keep your password secure and confidential; (3) not transfer any part of your account (e.g., connections, groups) and (4) follow the law and the Dos and Don'ts below. You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
You'll honour your payment obligations and you are okay with us storing your payment information. Also, there may be fees and taxes that are added to our prices.
We don't guarantee refunds.
If you purchase any of our paid Services ("Premium Services"), you agree to pay us the applicable fees and taxes. Failure to pay these fees may result in the termination of your subscription. Also:
● You must pay us for applicable fees and taxes unless you cancel the Service, in which case you agree to still pay these fees through the end of the applicable subscription period.
● Taxes are calculated based on the current UK VAT rate at the time of purchase.
You can request your invoice through Customer Support.
2.4. Notices and Service Messages
You're okay with us using our website and email to provide you with important notices. Also, you agree certain additional information can be shared with us.
If the contact information you provide isn't up to date, you may miss out on these notices.
You agree that we may provide notices to you in the following ways: (1) a banner notice on the Service, or (2) an email sent to an address you provided, or (3) through other means including mobile number, telephone, or mail. You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
2.5. Messages and Sharing
When you share information, others can see, copy and use that information.
Our Services allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile, links to news articles, and blogs. Information and content that you share or post may be seen by other Members or, if public, by Visitors. Note that other activities, such as requesting a meeting, are by default private, only visible to the addressee(s).
We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Service and can remove it in our sole discretion, with or without notice.
3. Rights and Limits
3.1. Your License to Converge
You own all of the content, feedback, and personal information you provide to us, but you also grant us a non-exclusive license to it.
You promise to only provide information and content that you have the right to share, and that your Converge profile will be truthful.
As between you and Converge, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Services and you are only granting Converge the following non-exclusive license: A worldwide, transferable and sub-licensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process, information and content that you provide through our Services, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
a. You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the Services, or generally by closing your account, except
i. to the extent you shared it with others as part of the Service and they copied or stored it and
ii. for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
c. We will get your consent if we want to give others the right to publish your posts beyond the Service. However, other Members and/or Visitors may access and share your content and information, consistent with your settings and degree of connection with them.
d. While we may edit and make formatting changes to your content (such as translating it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
e. Because you own your content and information and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, you may choose to make it available to others, including under the terms of a Creative Commons license.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Services to Converge, you agree that Converge can use and share (but does not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
You agree to only provide content or information if that does not violate the law nor anyone's rights (e.g., without violating any intellectual property rights or breaching a contract). You also agree that your profile information will be truthful. Converge may be required by law to remove certain information or content.
3.2. Service Availability
We may change or discontinue any of our Services. We can't promise to store or keep showing any information and content you've posted.
We may change, suspend or end any Service, or change and modify prices prospectively at our discretion. To the extent allowed under law, these changes may be effective upon notice provided to you.
3.3. Other Content, Sites and Apps.
When you see or use others' content and information posted on our Services, it's at your own risk.
Third parties may offer their own products and services through Converge, and we aren't responsible for those third-party activities.
By using the Services, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Converge generally does not review content provided by our Members. You agree that we are not responsible for third parties' (including other Members') content or information or for any damages as result of your use of or reliance on it.
We have the right to limit how you connect and interact on our Services.
We're providing you notice about our intellectual property rights.
Converge reserves the right to limit your use of the Services, including your ability to contact other Members. Converge reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if Converge believes that you may be in breach of this Agreement or law or are misusing the Services (e.g. violating any Do and Don'ts).
4. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
4.1. No Warranty
This is our disclaimer of legal liability for the quality, safety, or reliability of our Services.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER LAW, CONVERGE (AND THOSE THAT CONVERGE WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) (A) DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS (E.G. WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY OF DATA, AND NONINFRINGEMENT); (B) DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS, AND (C) PROVIDE THE SERVICE (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS.
4.2. Exclusion of Liability
These are the limits of legal liability we may have to you.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW (AND UNLESS CONVERGE HAS ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT THAT SUPERSEDES THIS AGREEMENT), CONVERGE (AND THOSE THAT CONVERGE WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR OTHERS FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION, PROFITS OR REVENUES, RELATED TO THE SERVICES (E.G. OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS, DOWN TIME OR LOSS, USE OR CHANGES TO YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT).
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LIABILITY OF CONVERGE (AND THOSE THAT CONVERGE WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE FOR ALL CLAIMS, AN AMOUNT THAT IS THE LESSER OF (A) FIVE TIMES THE MOST RECENT MONTHLY OR YEARLY FEE THAT YOU PAID FOR A PREMIUM SERVICE, IF ANY, OR (B) GBP £1000.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PART OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND CONVERGE AND SHALL APPLY TO ALL CLAIMS OF LIABILITY (E.G. WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, CONTRACT, LAW) AND EVEN IF CONVERGE HAS BEEN TOLD OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF THESE REMEDIES FAIL THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
We can each end this Agreement anytime we want.
Converge or You may terminate this Agreement at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. The following shall survive termination:
● Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
● Members' and/or Visitors' rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Service to the extent copied or re-shared prior to termination;
● Sections 4, 6 and 7 of this Agreement;
● Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
You can contact our Customer Support to learn how to close your Converge account.
6. Dispute Resolution
In the unlikely event we end up in a legal dispute, it will take place in English courts, applying English law.
You agree that the laws of England, shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to this Agreement and/or the Services.
7. General Terms
Here are some important details about how to read the Agreement.
If a court with authority over this Agreement finds any part of it not enforceable, you and us agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and us agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Agreement. To the extent allowed by law, this Agreement is binding. This Agreement (including additional terms that may be provided by us when you engage with a feature of the Services) is the only agreement between us regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements for the Services.
If we don't act to enforce a breach of this Agreement, that does not mean that Converge has waived its right to enforce this Agreement. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement (or your membership or use of Services) to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that Converge may assign this Agreement to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
We reserve the right to change the terms of this Agreement and will provide you notice if we do and we agree that changes cannot be retroactive. If you don't agree to these changes, you must stop using the Services.
You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice is at the addresses provided in Section 10.
8. Converge's "DOs" and "DON'Ts."
8.1. Dos. You agree that you will:
● Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
● Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
● Use your real name on your profile;
● Use the Services in a professional manner.
8.2. Don'ts. You agree that you will not:
● Act dishonestly or unprofessionally, including by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content;
● Add content that is not intended for, or inaccurate for, a designated field (e.g. submitting a telephone number in the "title" or any other field, or including telephone numbers, email addresses, street addresses or any personally identifiable information for which there is not a field provided by Converge);
● Use an image that is not your likeness or a head-shot photo for your profile;
● Create a false identity on Converge;
● Misrepresent your current or previous positions and qualifications;
● Misrepresent your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
● Misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym;
● Create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person);
● Use or attempt to use another's account;
● Harass, abuse or harm another person;
● Send spam or other unwelcomed communications to others;
● Scrape or copy profiles and information of others through any means (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, and any other technology or manual work);
● Act in an unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable manner;
● Disclose information that you do not have the right to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer));
● Violate intellectual property rights of others, including patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
● Violate the intellectual property or other rights of Converge, including, without limitation, using the word "Converge" or our logos in any business name, email, or URL except as provided in the Brand Guidelines;
● Post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation unauthorised by Converge;
● Send messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases;
● Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
● Manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or post transmitted through the Services;
● Create profiles or provide content that promotes escort services or prostitution.
● Creating or operate a pyramid scheme, fraud or other similar practice;
● Copy or use the information, content or data of others available on the Services (except as expressly authorised);
● Copy or use the information, content or data on Converge in connection with a competitive service (as determined by Converge);
● Copy, modify or create derivative works of Converge, the Services or any related technology (except as expressly authorised by Converge);
● Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology, or any part thereof;
● Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by Converge without our express consent (e.g., representing yourself as an accredited Converge trainer);
● Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to the Services or related any information or data;
● Sell, sponsor, or otherwise monetise a Converge Group or any other feature of the Services, without Converge's consent;
● Deep-link to our Services for any purpose other than to promote your profile or a Group on Converge without Converge's consent;
● Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on our Service;
● Remove, cover or obscure any advertisement included on the Services;
● Collect, use, copy, or transfer any information obtained from Converge without the consent of Converge;
● Share or disclose information of others without their express consent;
● Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, "scrape," "crawl" or "spider" the Services or any related data or information;
● Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages;
● Monitor the Services' availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
● Engage in "framing," "mirroring," or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services;
● Access the Services except through the interfaces expressly provided by Converge, such as its mobile applications, Converge.today;
● Override any security feature of the Services;
● Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms); and/or
9. Complaints Regarding Content
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that information posted by Members be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties. We provide a policy and process for complaints concerning content posted by our Members.
10. How To Contact Us
If you want to send us notices or service of process, please contact us:
EMAIL at: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR BY MAIL at:
Converge Group Ltd
22 Quay Level,
St Peters Wharf,
Newcastle Upon Tyne,