What are the types of public sector framework agreements?
Single-supplier framework agreements
The first type of framework agreement is a single-supplier framework. With this method, contracts are awarded to a single supplier to complete works over a set period.
Within public sector framework agreements, when the buyer requires the products or services, they will release an individual contract. These are known as call-off contracts.
Why do buyers use single-supplier framework agreements?
Buyers might choose to use single-supplier frameworks for many reasons, including:
- Reduced administration costs and a streamlined procurement process.
- Increased value for money, due to the competitive nature of the initial tendering process.
- Details of the products or services have already been agreed upon at the beginning of the contract. Therefore, goods or services can be procured at short notice.
Multi-supplier framework agreements
On the other hand, multi-supplier framework agreements are contracts between the buyer and one or more businesses.
Most multi-supplier frameworks are separated into Lots. Typically, the buyer will be looking for a particular number of suppliers per Lot. However, it’s possible for suppliers to bid for more than one Lot. If they meet the requirements of the contract, for instance.
So, what do multi-supplier public sector framework agreements look like? Here’s an example of how a multi-provider framework for creative services could be put together:
LOT 1: Graphic Design & Branding
LOT 2: Marketing & PR
LOT 3: Event Management.
In particular, these contracts are great for newer businesses with little tendering experience. This is because the buyer is looking for more suppliers, so there’s a greater chance of success.
What are the benefits of public sector framework agreements?
There are many advantages of public sector framework agreements, for buyers and suppliers. We’ve already covered the benefits for buyers above, but the benefits for suppliers include:
- Framework agreements are ideal for first-time tenderers
- If successful, suppliers can build their experience and use this to develop case studies
- Public sector framework agreements can positively impact the supplier’s reputation in the industry
- Suppliers can spend less time on admin and more time on delivering for their business
- It’s a great way to build long-term relationships with buyers.
There are two types of public sector framework agreements that you should be aware of. For instance, these include:
- Single-supplier framework agreements
- Multi-supplier framework agreements.
There are many benefits of securing a place on a framework, including:
- They’re great for first-time tenderers
- Suppliers can build experience and develop case studies
- They can positively impact the supplier’s reputation
- Frameworks require less admin
- It’s a great way to build long-term relationships with buyers.
How Hudson Succeed can help
So, now you know all about public sector framework agreements. But what’s next for your business?
Enter Hudson Succeed!
We have over 60 years of bid writing experience and an 87% success rate. Whether you’re completely new to tendering or aren’t seeing results – we can help. There are four bid writing packages available:
Once you’ve found a tender you’d like to go for, send it over to us. One of our Bid Writers will write the tender response for you. We’ll provide a full Tender Writing breakdown and even submit it on your behalf.
Tender Mentor can give your tender response a once over before you submit it. Our Bid Writing Team will analyse your response, notifying you of any errors and opportunities for improvements prior to submission.
During the Tender Ready service, our team will create professional policies, procedures, and case studies in your company branding. If you already have this content, we will review everything carefully to ensure that nothing is missed. Once the programme is complete, you’ll have access to three days’ worth of bid consultancy. This can be used for bid writing, tender reviews, or general advice and guidance.
The Tender Improvement package can help those who have tendered before but aren’t seeing results. Our Bid Writers will assess your previous responses and work with you to develop improved content.
Get in touch to find out how we can help your business grow.
Need help with searching for tenders?
Are you curious about finding tenders for your business?
There’s no shortage of websites offering multi-sector tendering opportunities and leads.
Ideally, you should be searching for a sector-specific site that posts all unique, public and private sector opportunities.
Our sister company, Hudson Discover, has 11 sector-specific tendering portals. One centralised and easy-to-navigate portal can help you save time, streamlining the process.
Once signed up, you’ll have access to your own dedicated Account Manager. They’ll be able to answer any questions you may have about public sector contracts. Likewise, you’ll also get an email alert when new and relevant tenders are uploaded to your sector.
A subscription to one of our industry-specific portals will include:
- Unlimited portal access. You can browse your industry’s portal to your heart’s content. See all the opportunities that are available, intuitively categorised, and easily accessible.
- A daily email bulletin. When you sign up to a portal, you’ll receive an email alert when new tenders are uploaded.
- A dedicated Account Manager. They’ll handle any questions or queries you may have about the portal.
- A free 20-minute phone consultation with a Bid Writer. Our expert bid consultants will chat with you about anything tender related.
What opportunities can I expect from a tender search on a Hudson Discover portal?
Hudson Discover hosts all kinds of tenders in both the public and private sectors. These are inclusive of, but aren’t limited to:
- Open tenders
- Restricted procedure tenders
- Competitive dialogues
- Negotiated tendering procedures
- Innovation partnerships
- Single supplier contracts
- Framework agreements
- Dynamic Purchasing Systems.
If you want to streamline the process even further, you can sign up to Discover Elite via your chosen portal. With this service, a dedicated Account Manager will find live bids on your behalf. They’ll speak with you weekly to discuss opportunities that may interest you. This is especially helpful for those with little time to spare due to busy schedules.
Our support doesn’t end there! Our creative content agency, Vocal, are on hand to help.
The Vocal Team are not afraid to stand up and be heard. And we make sure our clients aren’t either! From small, micro-businesses to large organisations, we are vocal about the things that make your business unique.
Our creative service is dedicated to growing your business through striking and thought-provoking content. We’ll take your bid and give it a complete makeover. With professionally designed tender documents, you’re sure to make an impression on the buyer!
Our team specialise in six areas, including:
If you’d like to know more about what we can do for your business, introduce yourself to the team!
Contact us to find out more!