Are public sector contracts hard to win compared to private sector contracts?
Public sector contracts can be more challenging to win compared to private sector contracts. This is because public sector contracts are subject to stricter rules and regulations, as well as the Freedom of Information Act and other legislation. Public sector contracts also require more detailed bids, as the public sector body will have specific requirements for the contract. As such, it is important to ensure that the bid is competitive and that you have the resources and capabilities to complete the project.
Where do I find public sector contracts?
Public sector contracts can be found on websites such as Contracts Finder & Public Contracts Scotland. At Hudson, We have 11 sector-specific portals to help you track all Public sector contracts in the UK.
10 things to consider when bidding for public sector contracts!
- Research the requirements of the contract and ensure that you can meet them.
- Ensure that the bid is competitive and that you have the resources and capabilities to complete the project.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver on time and to budget.
- Have a strong track record of successful projects.
- Understand the rules and regulations surrounding public sector contracts.
- Understand the Freedom of Information Act and other relevant legislation.
- Have a robust complaints procedure in place.
- Utilise the latest technology to increase efficiency.
- Have a clear plan for how you will deliver the project.
Our services include:
Once you’ve found the perfect bid for your business, send it our way. Our Bid Writers can take care of the whole thing for you they’ll even submit it on your behalf. They’ll let you know what they need from you, providing you with a full Tender Writing breakdown.
Our Tender Ready 4-week programme is perfect for businesses that have never tendered before. A Bid Writer will work with you to ensure you have everything in place to tender successfully. Tender Ready offers your business:
- A 12-month subscription to one Hudson Discover
- Access to Global Bid Directors and Senior Bidding Professionals.
- An Organisation-wide Bid library, including 3 case studies, 5 CVs and policies.
- Additional flexible benefits.
If you’ve been tendering but aren’t seeing success from your current efforts, our Tender Improvement package can help. Our Bid Team will assess your previous responses and tender documents. They will work with you to improve for future submissions. This package includes a 12-month subscription to a Hudson Discover portal and additional tendering development services.
If you’ve written your tender response and need it double-checked for errors, Tender Mentor can help. A Bid Writer will proofread your work for any inconsistencies, grammar, or spelling mistakes. They will also ensure it’s in line with the specification before you submit it. This is a great way of improving your skills and understanding of how to polish your tender.
Do you only require assistance with PQQs or SQs? We can help!
Submit the relevant information regarding the work you need, and we will provide a quote for the work agreed upon.
We provide support at all levels of the bid writing process, so if you simply need it proofread before you submit it, we can also help with that!
Upgrading to Discover Elite can optimise your tendering efforts!
Our two new time-saving tools can improve competitor awareness and success rate when bidding for a contract:
The Ultimate Time Save Package (for those on the go!)
- Five tender breakdowns per month.
- Annual subscription to two sector-specific portals.
- Dedicated account manager.
The Become a Pre-Bid Master package
- All of the above.
- Seven tender breakdowns per month.
- Bid Strategy delivered by a Senior Bid Manager (minimum five years experience). Our Global Bid Director will manage the bid strategy.
Our other divisions:
Wanting to impress a buyer? Our creative content agency Vocal is always on hand to help!
Our Vocal team are never afraid to be heard - we're a loud bunch!
From micro-businesses to large organisations, we provide ways to make your business stand out from the crowd. We can transform your bid into a professionally designed tender document!
Vocal specialises in:
Our online virtual learning environment for Education, Enterprise and Home Learners is currently being used to power our platforms – Tender VLE and Procure VLE (Coming soon).
We believe in learning at your own pace, wherever you are!
Find more helpful tips and advice in our blogs. We cover topics including:
- How to win a tender
- What is a Bid Writer?
- The tendering process
- Writing winning bids
- 7 tips for tendering for contracts
- Tips for bid management
- Bid writing services
- The types of tendering procedures
- Writing bids
- Bid Writing Consultants
- Submitting a tender response