The event will be compered by local voiceover artist Emma Hignett, the voice of London’s buses and the brand new Elizabeth Line. The awards has a headline sponsor, Linthorpe Pharmacy and the evening will incorporate a fashion show from House of Zana founder, Amber Kotrri, with special guest speaker Charlotte Staerck, founder of The Handbag Clinic.
The judging panel, made up of Dame Dela Smith DBE DL, Sarah Bentley CEO Morrison’s Trust and Ruth Lowbridge MBE Chair of SFEDI Group, met to review the entries before submitting their choices.
Rising Star, sponsored by Fresh Digital
- Amelia Macmillan Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College
- Andrea Graham Uniform Supplies Ltd
- Izzy Hubbert St John's College
Future Leader, sponsored by BTS Facades & Fabrications
· Beth Reid The Cornforth Partnership
- Hannah Malik Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College
- Jess Fairley Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College
Newcomer of the Year, sponsored by Contractor Match
- Donna Sandall Donna Sandall Family Law
- Katharine Matthews The Absolute Word
Impact in the Community, sponsored by High Life North
- Debbie Iceton Five Acres Community Garden CIC
- Sarah Rose Skerne Park Community Partnership
- Catherine Evans The Cornforth Partnership
Innovation in Sustainability, sponsored by Darlington Business Club
- Marcia Atkinson BTS Facades and Fabrication
- Sarah Jane Eco Salon
Hidden Hero, sponsored by Resilient Business Systems
- Helen Smaldon Orca Cleaning Services Ltd
- Maria Perek Clive Owen LLP
- Paige Williams AAA Caring Caretaker Ltd
Inspirational Female Leader, sponsored by Utility Warehouse
- Alison McCree Synchronicity Care Limited
- Alison Stephenson AAA Caring Caretaker Ltd
- Beryl Hankin Guru’s Boutique
- Margaret Bradshaw Red Button Marketing & Training Limited
- Marion Marsland Thermal Insulation Contractors Association (TICA)
- Sarah Jackson EMG Solicitors
- Sue Jacques County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
- Tracey Tyler Focus Mental Health
Pat Chambers, charity development manager at CDDFT Charity said: “We are lucky to be supported by so many businesses across Darlington and County Durham and, after speaking with them we realized that there was a gap in the market for an awards event celebrating women in our area – competition has been tough and we’re excited to see who comes out on top.
“This year is the 75th birthday of the NHS, so we’re particularly grateful to be working with Darlington Business Club and their local business connections, who are helping to bring the awards to life. All proceeds are being donated to CDDFT Charity, to help enhance patient and community care across the Trust’s extensive geographical area.”
The event is being held at Hallgarth Hotel & Golf Club with arrival drink and canapes, a two course meal, fashion show, key note speakers and of course – the awards themselves! On arrival, attendees will be able to peruse stalls from local independent businesses, all being coordinated by Amber Kotrri.
The organising committee is made up of CDDFT Charity, Hallgarth Hotel & Golf Club, Darlington Business Club, Peachy Digital, Amber Kotrri and Resilient Business Solutions.